Product intro and specs
The Topside is a single-battery squonk mod by Dovpo. It is designed in collaboration with TVC (The Vapor Chronicles), the reviewer behind the widely popular Drop series of RDAs. This is Dovpo’s second squonk mod, after the dual-battery Basium that got released back in July.
The Topside is a 2×700 mod, which means that it can be used with 20700s, 21700s or 18650s (with the included adapter). It is made to compete with the line of popular 2×700 squonk mods like the Vandy Vape Pulse X and HCigar Aurora.It is rated at 90 watts and, true to its name, it is designed to be filled via the top without removing the bottle. Keep reading to find out how it performed in my in-depth testing.
This mod you can find it on vapemodbox.com
When I first got this mod, I was pretty impressed with the design. I really like the top-fill of the squonk bottle — it’s a great and innovative idea. This is no doubt a big and heavy mod, which makes it feel solid and well-built. It’s also really slick; I noticed it slides down in your hand pretty easily. The 0.96-inch black and white screen is basic but bright and easy to read, so no complaints there. Out of the box, however, it does NOT come with temp control mode. The only available modes are power mode and bypass, which irked me a little bit; but more on that later on.
The DOVPO Topside 90W Squonk Mod is made in collaboration with The Vapor Chronicles, deploying the first top-fill squonk mod design with 10mL max capacity, single 21700 platform, and an intelligent chipset with BYPASS and optional Temperature Control.
Topside Single 21700 Top Fill Squonker
Topside is a collaboration between the Vapor Chronicles and Dovpo. We are so proud to announce the Topside as world’s first top fill squonker. No more removing RDA’s and using refill bottles or removing bottles with leaking juice. Simply remove the lid and fill up 10ml. It’s really that simple.
DOVPO Topside 90W Squonk Bod Mod Features:
- Dimensions – 92mm by 54mm by 27mm
- Collaboration with The Vapor Chronicles – TVCreation
- Single High-Amp 21700 or 20700 Battery – Not Included
- Optional Single 18650 Battery – Adapter Included
- 10mL Silicone Squonk Bottle
- Wattage Output Range: 5-90W
- Voltage Output Range: 1.0-8.5V
- Resistance Range: 0.08-3.5ohm
- Temperature Control Functionality (Firmware Upgrades Require)
- Supports Ni200, Titanium, Stainless Steel Compatibility
- BYPASS Mode
- Stainless Steel, Zinc, & Aluminum Alloy Construction
- Intuitive 0.96″ OLED Display Screen
- Circle Firing Button
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- Unique Top-Fill Method – Convenient Squonk Bottle Refill
- Bottom-Loaded Hinged Battery Cover
- MicroUSB Port
- Leak-Resistant 510 Base
- Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
- Available in Red, Black, Silver, Gunmetal, Blue, Purple, Green, Gold
- Special Edition – Black / Grey Splatter, Black / Red Splatter, Black / Gold Splatter, Black / Blue / Gold Splatter
Squonking is officially taking the world by storm. Squonk mods have actually been around for quite some time but have only recently hit the mainstream. A squonker is a special type of vape mod with a built-in bottle containing e-liquid. It allows you to pump e-juice into your wicks and coils on demand. They are also known as bottom-fed devices because the liquid is fed upwards through the bottom of the atomizer.
Squonk mods can store more e-juice than even some of the larger-capacity tanks, while providing the same flavor intensity as a dripper. See our full guide below to learn more about squonk vapes and how they work — or read on to find out the best squonkers you can get right now.
he Dovpo Topside is a pretty basic mod, especially out of the box since it only comes with power and bypass modes. Not a fan of bypass mode, as it doesn’t make sense to have on a mod like this, but I won’t complain about an extra mode I don’t need to use.
There is a firmware update available which is supposed to add temperature control capability, but mine would not update. It’s the first time I had an issue updating a mod, and I’ve probably updated like 30-40 of them in my lifetime, so that was disappointing. They really should have waited to ship them until they had the final firmware done. Leaving off half the functionality of a mod and adding it right after release just seems rushed and shouldn’t have happened. Also, there is no pre-heat options, watt curves or anything, so the mod just really lacks features.
Power mode performance
Pros / Cons
- Build quality
- Color options (6 total)
- Nice paint job
- Unique design
- Excellent squonk fill system
- Battery compatibility (21700 / 20700 / 18650)
- No button rattle
- Power mode performance
- Large and clicky fire button
- Accurately rated for watts and volts
- Solid amp limit
- Boost circuit
- No preheat options or watt curve mode
- Temp control mode requires a firmware update to add
- Firmware wouldn’t update for me
- Lack of a true menu system
- No spare bottle
- The battery door is hard to open and close